1. Task 1 Writing Unit 12 lớp 12
Below are the instructions for warm-up exercises before swimming. Read and match each sentence with one appropriate action. Zero has been done as an example
(Dưới đây là những lời chỉ dẫn bài tập khởi động trước khi bơi. Đọc và ghép mỗi câu với hành động thích hợp. Hành động số (0) được làm mẫu)
1. Put out your arms to the sides horizontally. (Đặt cánh tay của bạn sang hai bên theo chiều ngang. )
2. Stand with your feet apart, push both arms out straight in front of you. (Hai chân dạng rộng, đẩy hai cánh tay thẳng ra trước mặt bạn. )
3. Put down your arms to the first position. (Đặt cánh tay của bạn lên vị trí đầu tiên.)
4. Raise your hands above your head, looking straight ahead. (Nâng tay lên trên đầu, nhìn thẳng về phía trước.)
Example for the first position:
0) Set yourself in vertical position. (Đứng thẳng người.)
Gudie to answer
a – 2
b – 4
c – 1
d – 3
2. Task 2 Writing Unit 12 lớp 12
Look at the pictures below. Write the instructions for one warm-up exercise before playing water polo. Use the verbs in the box
(Nhìn vào hình dưới đây. Viết lời chỉ dẫn cho bài tập khởi động trước khi chơi bóng nước. Dùng động từ trong khung)
Gudie to answer
1. Set yourself in vertical position.
(Đứng thẳng người.)
2. Stand with your feet apart, raise your hands above your head.
(Hai chân dang sang hai bên, giơ tay lên trên đầu.)
3. Bend forwards, fingertips touch the ground.
(Cúi người về phía trước, ngón tay chạm vào mặt đất.)
4. Bend again, fingertips touch the ground between the feet.
(Cúi người một lần nữa, ngón tay chạm vào mặt đất giữa hai bàn chân.)
5. Finally put cach arm back to the first position.
(Cuối cùng đặt tay cánh tay trở lại vị trí ban đầu.)
Choose the best that can completes the following (Chọn đáp án đúng nhất cho các câu sau)
1. _______, consisting of swimmers performing a synchronized routine of elaborate and dramatic moves in the water, accompanied by music.
a. Synchronized swimming is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
b. Synchronized swimming which a water sport, a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
c. Synchronized swimming, a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
d. Synchronized swimming, it is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance.
2. Synchronized swimming demands some water skills, and requires incredible strength, endurance, flexibility, grace, artistry and precise timing, _______.
a. while upside down underwater with exceptional breath control
b. because of exceptional breath control while upside down underwater
c. also exceptional breath control is required while upside down underwater
d. as well as exceptional breath control while upside down underwater
3. Developed in the early 1900s in Canada, synchronized swimming is a sport performed almost exclusively by women. _______.
a. As for its early form, sometimes it was called “water ballet”
b. In its early form, it was sometimes known as “water ballet”
c. Since its early form, sometimes it knew as “water ballet”
d. With its early form, “water ballet” was sometimes known
4. When performing routines, competitors will typically wear a nose-clip. _______, to reflect the type of music to which they are swimming.
a. The competitors who wear custom swimsuits and headpieces, usually elaborately decorated
b. They also wear custom swimsuits and headpieces, usually elaborately decorated
c. They also wear custom swimsuits and headpieces, which are usually elaborately decorating.
d. Usually elaborately decorated, the competitors also wear custom swimsuits and headpieces
5. In synchronized swimming, the costume and music are not judged directly, _______. Underwater speakers ensure that swimmers can hear the music at all times.
a. with factors into the overall performance and “artistic impression”
b. as a result they are factors into the overall performance and “artistic impression”
c. but they are factors into the overall performance and “artistic impression”
d. because they are factors into the overall performance as well as “artistic impression”
Qua bài học này các em cần lưu ý một số từ vựng như sau
- bend (v): cúi xuống
- position (n): vị trí
- touch (v): chạm
- raise (one’s) hands: giơ tay lên
- vertical (adj): theo phương thẳng đứng